In this hands on programming course, you will -
- use your Python coding skills to explore genome sequences and find important genes,
- learn how to develop computer algorithms to analyze genomic data,
- find genes from the human genome,
- see the big picture of where the new cutting-edge jobs are created for 21st century,
- have two weeks of fun experience on a challenging and relevant topic !
Skills You Acquire
- Algorithm development in Python,
- Use Linux operating system,
- Software collaborative tool - git,
- Bioinformatics programs - BLAST, MUSCLE, FastTree,
- Work with the human genome.
Introductory module or equivalent
The classes will be conducted through online interactive chat session.
1. JUNE 21-25, JUNE 28-JULY 2 (10AM-12NOON CST)
2. JULY 19-23, 26-30 (11AM-1PM CST)
(Ten days of two hours each)
|Day 1||Python algorithms to find reverse complement and gene translation.|
|Day 2||Python library - Biopython. Review - Linux operating system.|
|Day 3||Finding information from the coronavirus genome.|
|Day 4||Bioinformatics programs - BLAST, MUSCLE, FastTree.|
|Day 5||Explore the human genome.|
|Day 6-10||Problem solving and projects.|
You can read the testimonials for our summer classes here.
These registrations do not require any payment, and you register to only reserve your priority in the queue. After you register, we will send you payment link by private email.