Our online lessons strive to provide top quality training in topics related to sciences and coding. We recognize that high quality cannot be achieved without the help of skilled instructors. Therefore, our online classrooms always include human instructors.
Our teaching methodology is built around allowing students learn by solving problems, while the knowledgeable instructor guides them through common pitfalls, errors and misconceptions. We make effective use of online tools to -
- minimize long lectures,
- increase time spent in actively solving problems,
- allowing everyone to work at his/her own pace
Our instructions are chat-based. In addition to the shared classroom, students can directly communicate with our instructors through instant messages. That way everyone feels like he/she is working with a private tutor.
Here is how a typical session is like.
1. A few days before the class, the instructor sends you notes as rmarkdown files. You are expected to "render" the rmarkdown and glance through it.
2. In the class, the instructor explains topics from the learning material by solving related problems.
3. The students are given a set of problems to solve on their own and at their own pace. As they continue to solve, the difficulty level increases. During this time, the students can only contact the instructor through direct message.
4. From time to time, the instructor shares common issues encountered by many students with the class. For example, if the instructor senses that everyone is confused about some aspect of the work, he explains it to everyone in the classroom. Also, we continue to improve our learning materials to highlight those common sources of errors.