Join The Genomics Revolution
- The living world is vast and full of mysteries. We like to generate interests among budding scientists about the scientifically unexplored corners of the living world,
- Research in life sciences and medicine has become computer-intensive. We show participants how to think using computers and solve problems,
- We show students how to find open-source codes and biological data, and teach them to use efficient collaborative tools such as git (github).
|Tinkering with DNA||Learn to tinker with DNA - isolate, cut, stitch, read and CRISPR !||June 25-29 Register|
|Data Science using R||Learn programming in R and take your first dive into data science/machine learning algorithms.||July 9-13 Register|
|Coding for Medicine (Introductory)||An introductory class on Python served with biology flavor.||July 16-20 Register|
|Coding for Medicine (Intermediate)||Write algorithms for biology and see the big picture of 21st century medicine.||July 23-27 Register|
|Data Science using R||Learn programming in R and take your first dive into data science/machine learning algorithms.||July 30 - Aug 3 Register|
|Coding for Medicine (Introductory)||An introductory class on Python served with biology flavor.||Aug 6-10 Register|
|Coding for Medicine (Advanced)||Learn to use your skills to do cutting-edge research in genomics.||Aug 13-17 Register|
Take the stepping stones into synthetic biology by spending a week of summer in the laboratory. Learn to tinker with DNA - isolate, cut, stitch, read and CRISPR ! Along with it, join a guided discussion about the science behind the construction of biological entities. Free think and design one of your choice! Leave with a deeper understanding of how cellular factories are transforming our everyday lives.|
These days, all areas of science and technology require skills in analyzing large volumes of data generated from high-throughput experiments. Data science is an emerging area of science at the intersection of computing, basic science and statistics. In this introductory summer course, you will take your first dive into data science.|
You will learn to use R programming language and apply it to solve cutting-edge problems in biology and medicine based on data science concepts. You will learn to apply R for data processing, data visualization and statistical analysis. R is also a great tool to understand the basic statistical concepts through simulated experiments.
In this introductory coding camp you will -|
- help mushroom hunters stay away from poisonous mushrooms.
- learn to identify living organisms from their sequences, and be introduced to the "google" for DNA data.
- code in Python through a game of puzzle-solving.
- see how coding helps in modern biology and medicine.
- develop computer algorithms to analyze DNA and protein sequences.
In this hands on programming course, you will -|
- use your Python/Java coding skills to play with genome sequences and find important genes.
- learn how to develop computer algorithms to assemble genomes.
- see the big picture of where the new cutting-edge jobs are created for 21st century.
- have a week of fun experience on a challenging and relevant topic !
In this course, you learn to use your programming and biology skills to do cutting-edge research in genomics. Our students from last year's advanced class started a crowd-funding research project under our guidance. We will discuss that project and other ideas about how to use the sequencing technologies to understand unusual living organisms.
In certain cases, we may need to cancel this workshop due to circumstances beyond our control or otherwise. If this happens, Coding4medicine will refund all registration fees for those who signed up. Coding4medicine is not responsible for any related expenses incurred by registered attendees.